We have an exciting free opportunity available to young people living in Chelmsford, Colchester, Clacton, Walton and surrounding areas that are currently not in training, education or employment: Get Into Retail with Marks and Spencer.
This is an employability programme for young people who are actively seeking employment in the sector and who would benefit from additional training and experience to get into work. It is a four week programme in Retail, so the young person should be prepared to be on their feet on the shop floor every day, and depending on the department in which they are placed, interact with customers and help with enquiries. They may also need to use public transport to get to their store placement, so they should also be ready to do this, and happy and able to do so.
Get Into Retail with Marks and Spencer
- Age 16 – 25 and not in education, training or employment
- 4 weeks hands-on training and experience in the retail environment with regular feedback and guidance from M&S employees
- Placement opportunities in the following stores: Chelmsford High Street, Colchester High Street, Clacton Outlet and Walton
- Opportunity to be considered for employment opportunities with M&S post programme
- Initial interviews will be at Job Centres in Chelmsford, Colchester, Harwich and Clacton in the last two weeks of August – Please contact the relevant executive below to book in a 121 interview with the YP
- Taster day is Tuesday 3rd September
- Programme runs from 9th September – 4th October 2019
Travel expenses will be reimbursed and lunch and uniform is provided. Participation in either programme doesn’t affect benefits. Opportunities afterwards include: 12 week 16 hour contract at M&S, volunteering and mentoring support from The Prince’s Trust.
If you have any enquiries, or to refer a young person, please contact the relevant executive below:
- Chelmsford/Colchester: Call Chloe on 07795 166354 or email [email protected]. Initial interviews taking place in Colchester and Chelmsford w.c. 26th August.
- Walton/Clacton: Call Ingrid on 07903 875845 or email [email protected]. Initial interviews taking place w.c. 19th August.
- There is also a Get Into Retail programme running at the same time in South Essex. This is being managed by Janet Craven so please email [email protected] if you know of any Young People in South Essex who are interested in this programme.