We still have places available on a range of courses starting in September – don’t miss out – enrol now!
Whether you are looking to:
- Improve your job prospects
- Study for a professional qualification – 24+ loans are available
- Get back into work
- Improve your English and Maths
- Learn for leisure
Adult Community Learning (ACL) has something for everyone.
Have a look on our website www.essex.gov.uk/adultlearning or telephone 0845 603 7635.
Information and enrolment events
No need to book just pop in
In addition to the Grand Opening events for our new centres we have also arranged a number of information and enrolment sessions at some of our centres including:
• Clacton – St Osyth Road CO15 3BN on Wednesday 27 August from 2 till 7
• Witham – Spinks Lane CM8 1EP on Monday 1 September from 3 till 7
• Colchester – Barrack Street CO1 2LR on Tuesday 2 September from 11 till 8
There is no need to book just pop in and see what ACL has to offer at your local adult learning centre.
Aged 24 or over and considering professional qualifications for a new career?
Information on 24+ Advanced Learning Loan
Did you know?
The Government no longer funds adults aged over 24 years old to study at Level 3 or Level 4, even if you are on benefits.
However, you can take out a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan.
How does it work?
If you are 24 or older you can apply for one of these loans to help pay with the costs of a course. The course must have started on or after 1 August 2013 and be eligible i.e. a Level 3 or 4 course. If you are unclear if the course you are interested in studying is at Level 3 or 4, please get in touch with us. Loans have to be paid back. Repayments don’t start until April 2016 and you won’t have to pay anything back until you earn more than £21,000 a year. The loan doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks. The amount you receive depends on the type of course, the course fees and the maximum loan available for your course. The minimum loan you can get is £300 and you don’t have to borrow the full cost of your course, you can pay some of it yourself.
If you are taking a loan for an Access to Higher Education Diploma and you successfully go on to pass your degree then your loan is WRITTEN OFF. See our website for further information.
Need to improve your English and Maths skills? We can help – don’t delay book your assessment today.
There has never been a better time to improve your English and maths skills. Our free courses offer you a chance to:
- improve your job prospects and gain a qualification
- progress onto further training or education
- increase your confidence in everyday English and maths
- gain the confidence to help your children with their school work
- work towards a Functional Skills qualification
You can join these classes at any time throughout the year.
All English and maths GCSE courses are free to applicants who do not currently hold a grade C or above.
Before you can enrol you will need to take a pre-course assessment to make sure you are placed on the correct course that suits your needs.
To arrange an assessment text English or maths to 88020 or contact your local ACL centre. See list of centres and their telephone numbers at the bottom of this email.
Did you know ACL also offer training for business courses?
We design and deliver a wide range of training programmes aimed at improving business effectiveness and efficiency – take a look at our Training for Business brochure. We are currently taking bookings on our range of statutory training courses as shown below:
• Annual refresher course
• CACHE Level 2 Certificate in paediatric first aid
• Defibrillator training
• Emergency first aid at work
• First aid at work
• First aid at work re-qualification
• Paediatric first aid
CIEH Food Safety
• Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness in Catering
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (or manufacturing or retail)
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety – refresher
• Level 2 Award in Healthier Food and Special Diets
• Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering (hazard analysis and critical control points)
• Level 3 Award in Food Safety (catering, manufacturing or retail)
Health and Safety
• CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in Social Care
• CIEH Level 1 Health and Safety in the Workplace
• Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace
• Level 3 Health and Safety in the Workplace
• Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling
• Level 2 Award in Manual Handing – Principles and Practice
• Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness
• Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Principles
• Level 2 Award in the Principles of COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health)
• Level 2 Award in the Principles of Risk Assessment
If you would like more information or if the programme you’re looking for is not listed above, please contact us on 01376 534779 or 01376 534789, or email [email protected] .